Our leadership team is merely part of the extraordinary 300+ Cicero Group team. Our skillsets are broad and our experience is deep, allowing us to bring a breadth and depth of experience to your business.
James is the Strategy Practice Leader with Cicero Group. Prior to joining Cicero Group, he co-founded and served as CFO of the successful energy startup, Innovari, Inc. He also served for five years as Director of Corporate Initiatives Group at General Electric Corporation’s global headquarters working with all major business units to improve performance and efficiency. Prior to joining General Electric, James led numerous strategy and operations engagements for Fortune 100 companies as a Senior Engagement Manager at McKinsey and Company. Other prior experience includes roles at AT&T and Citibank.
- Former Chief Financial Officer and Co-Founder, Innovari, Inc.
- Former Director, General Electric Corporation
- Former Senior Engagement Manager, McKinsey & Company
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, MBA
Jason provides a wealth of knowledge in developing sales and business development strategies for Cicero Groups largest clients. His expertise also includes process improvement, supply chain management, customer analytics and lifecycle management, risk management among others. Prior to joining Cicero Group, Jason served as the Director of Business Development at Steelcase and then sPower as well as the Vice President of Pacific Pure Energy Capital.
- Former Vice President, Pacific Pure Energy Capital
- Former Director of Business Development and Operations, sPower
- Former Director of Business Development, Steelcase
- University of Utah, MBA
Lawrence has spent the last decade helping to build the Cicero Group's analytics practice. He has experience helping Fortune 500 firms solve real business challenges with data, including attrition, segmentation, sales prioritization, pricing, and customer satisfaction. He also leads the firm in predictive analytics and Big Data related engagements.
- Former Lead Business Consultant at Morris Murdock
- Former Senior Research Analyst at Bassett
- Northwestern University, MS; Westminster College, MBA; Brigham Young University, BA
Melissa leads projects for Cicero clients across multiple industries and services with particular focus in healthcare and corporate development. Prior to joining Cicero Group, Melissa spent sixteen years in the financial services industry in New York City in roles for UBS and Deloitte Financial Advisory Services. As a former Senior Manager at Deloitte, she worked with the firm’s U.S. and global leadership assessing firm-wide mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, and operations.
- Former Senior Manager, Deloitte
- Former Equity Analyst, UBS
- University of Rochester, William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration, MBA; Brigham Young University, BS
Randy is the Founder of Cicero Group. He serves as Economic Advisor to Zions Bank and is an adjunct professor at the University of Utah School of Business. Randy previously worked for Answerthink and Bain and Company. Randy serves on multiple corporate and volunteer boards of directors. He is a well-published author.
- Former Executive Vice President and Managing Partner, Answerthink
- Former Associate, Bain & Company
- Harvard Business School, MBA, highest academic honors
Dr. Kaufman is a Co-Founder of Cicero Group and founder of Education Direction, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cicero Group. Dr. Kaufman has written two books (Harvard Education Press, Wiley Jossey-Bass) that are used by thousands of organizations worldwide to better leverage data in strategy creation and execution.
- Founder, Education Direction
- Former Senior Associate, Education Resource Strategies
- Former Principal, Alameda County High, Middle, and Elementary Schools
- Harvard University, PhD, Research Fellow; UC Berkeley, MS